Final Project Ideas – Jesse Wallace

After brainstorming and reflecting, my final project ideas are below:

1. A full rigid loom project, using brand new techniques to make an abstract landscape 
    1. Specific techniques to learn: 
      1. New knotting techniques
      2. Blending colors 
      3. Different yarns on the rigid loom 
    2. Meaning: 
      1. Ive been practicing manifestation and working on improving my mentality about things through focusing on the good. I would like this project to be a switch from the bleak “Textiles from the Future” project and switch gears to a more hopeful visual and physical piece. 
  2. A digital print, building on my illustrator skills to produce a powerful and personal reflective piece
    1. Specific techniques to learn: 
      1. Get better at Illustrator. I want redemption! 
      2. Sketching and transferring the very real things in my life to a 2D plane. 
    2. Meaning: 
      1. I want to use this piece to look inwards and reflect on the physical and metaphysical aspects of my life, combining them into a colorful and bright pattern with energy that reflects who I am. 
  3. A big embroidery, with an intricate and personal pattern 
    1. Specific techniques to learn: 
      1. Creating symbols with my embroidery 
      2. More embroidery stitches 
    2. Meaning: 
      1. It would be intriguing to create a textile piece that represents this absolutely weird moment in time. Through a detailed embroidery, I am excited by the idea of building up a representation of life that is captured not by a photo but by a physical textile. 

More inspiration for a creative weaving project:

1. Make a diary shadow box for different phases of your own life(with weavings) – make your own shadow boxes, press flowers, weave lil guys, put fabrics/objects in back as well
  2. Make a tech and weaving interaction – something that measures heartbeat?