Categories
announcements Miscellaneous

Notes about tech in organizations

Technology: does your organization (or you) consider it an expenditure or an investment? How we label technology has a significant impact as it underscores assumptions that affect organizations’ efficacy in its internal and audience facing technology work. If an organization is, for lack of a better term, a technology Luddite, in orther words not using […]

Categories
announcements Miscellaneous

Monday, April 26 – Infrastructure

I suspect many of you are sensing the near end of the semester. Congratulations! You’ve made it (and it’s May 1 on Thursday). I have your feedback from the survey and will review that and how we will progress through our May 10th final exam period / Rabbit Hole #2 presentations. On Monday night we […]

Categories
Miscellaneous

For Monday, April 12, Rabbit Hole #1

Christi and I looking forward to hearing about everyone’s discoveries in your rabbit holes! As I posted in SLACK, today you are only required to attend during your group’s time. Please show up a little 5 minutes early to allow for any technical difficulties :-). Groups A,D, and F will remain in the main Zoom […]

Categories
Miscellaneous

March 8: AI, Robots, Chatbots, oh my!

This week we move from AI and artistic creation to Artificial Intelligence’s most obvious form:  robots and their digital friends “bots” (chat bots etc). In fact, the next Hands On focuses on chatbots as a fun activity.  Your first ‘larger’ assignment is due the 8th (or 23rd) as well.  The review assignment is designed to […]

Categories
Miscellaneous

Week 5

Good day!  I hope those in the northeast are safe as we are getting a lot of pre-spring rain and floods. This week we begin our adventures into Artificial Intelligence (AI).  AI and AI Art are starting to disrupt our industries and our lives in many ways (from Deepfakes to intentional CGI, for instance).  The […]

Categories
Miscellaneous

Week 4

Greetings! I hope those in Pittsburgh are tucked in and staying warm this cold weekend (although next week is looking up!). I hope those in or with family in Texas are getting the help they need (both of my family in Texas had no water for days or no electricity for the same- but improving). […]

Categories
Miscellaneous

Week 2: AR/VR/MR

This week we are focusing on AR/VR. This is the topic of your first Hands On that is due on the 22nd. FYI for tonight:  In addition to discussing the content from our Class Curation channel and reviewing some fun news, we have a GUEST, Tom Hughes, the Associate Director of the Studio for Creative […]

Categories
Miscellaneous

Week 2: AR/VR/MR etc

This week you start the adventure. By Friday you will have watched The History of the Future and uploaded a 1-3 minute video or a link to a blog or a one page document (single spaced) with thoughts comments.

Categories
Miscellaneous

Welcome to the Course Blog

Here your TA or Instructor will add course announcements and reminders. These will also exist on our communication channel. Below are things to do the first week of Spring Semester: Read the syllabus Watch the assigned video and make observations Review the assignments Sign up for Class Curation Begin your personal adventures with technologies transforming […]