Project 1 (Collaborated with Gabe Borrus Bamforth)

Prompt: One paragraph about your project with reflection on what you learned, what you would want to try next if you were to continue, and what you might do differently.

I learned that making inflatables is very enjoyable, but also very hard and that being patient and going slow is the key. The hardest piece for me was actually the experimental ice cream looking microphone one. That one has a hexagon, triangles, pleated parts, and a cylinder believe it or not. I also learned that I much prefer working with my partner than alone. The red and black disk was a collaboration piece and I think my partner helped me slow down and also we were both supportive of each other. It’s nice to have someone to bounce ideas off of, too. I LOVED Miranda and Patrick’s piece where they had to blow into it at the same time. I want to try to build more collaborative and romantic pieces like that. In the future, I think I might use the washy tape to structure and map things out things into place and then a stronger tape to seal things up. I also would build all my objects A LOT larger since I realized that 90 degrees don’t show up very well on the smaller object (e.g, my Tetris piece turn out to be more bubbly than I wanted it to be).