Push/Pull Objects

For the push/pull assignment, I wanted to experiment by trying to make an inflatable which could be a single piece of fabric. I then wanted to make something interactive, and also be able to join objects together. For my final object, I wanted to incorporate all of this, and also make it interactive.

Visual Portfolio, Posts & Image Gallery for WordPress

This was my first object, and my first attempt at connecting objects together. I was initially aiming to create a completely different object, but because of certain mistakes, I was not able to make the mushroom. Instead, I was able to make something like a flower (probably seen in a game of Mario).

For my second object, I wanted to perfect joining objects together, and also be able to plan out an object and make it exactly the way I would like it to look. So I chose to make an ice cream cone, and I was able to make successfully make it. I tried making it interactive, however, I had stuffed it too much and hence could not pass a thread through the inflatable.

For my final inflatable, I chose to make an interactive object, which could serve as a couch cushion but was intended to just be an abstract object. I was able to perfect joining objects, and also made it interactive by adding two tiny spheres to the end of the inflatable, which could change its size depending on how much it was pulled.