There was one thing that really stuck with me more than most of the other moments I witnessed today that I am sure many others noticed as well. That is, the child who was just a little too small for the tricycle that kept running it off the track, as well as a what seemed like a slightly older child that had no problem riding around that always stopped to assist the smaller child.

It was definitely one of the more amusing moments of the morning, though I thought it was really interesting that, no matter how much trouble this kid had with the tricycle, he kept trying to pedal on—and pedal off the track soon after. This child did not have as difficult of a time getting around parts of the track where it was sloping downward. However, his legs were just short of reaching both pedals, and so he was simply unable to pedal when he needed to, and seemed like he had so much trouble steering because of it.

Regardless, he kept going at it as long as there were other kids riding around as well, I believe. He did eventually get off and play elsewhere after quite a while, though I do not recall for what reason. The first handful of times he got stuck, the teachers had to help him out, though it seemed as time went on he wasn’t as receptive to their help as he was to one other child—the one who was able to ride well enough on his own with no problems. After a certain point, every time he got stuck he would get off and fiddle with the wheels and try moving the tricycle around and back on to the track by himself, though he would accept the help of the other child that always came back around.

At first, he would just sit there and give a longing glance to one of the teachers or kids to help him, and eventually they would and he would continue on again. From what I observed, he seemed to figure out better ways to get himself ‘unstuck’ and back on the track after each time being assisted with doing this. And I thought it was really thoughtful of the other child who always went out of his way to help the smaller kid with his tricycle.

The whole scene was rather amusing, but inspiring as well in a way. The smaller kid kept trying through sheer willpower, and I think he kept trying to prove to himself that he could do it himself, judging by how he would sometimes reject help from the teachers. The tricycle is something that can definitely spark interest, and apparently has the ability to hold it (through thick and thin!), and this particular child was able to eventually figure out ways to help himself.