shambhav: Assignment 1 “Life + Death”

Life and Death dictated by www.thesaurus.com in 200 words: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mhJ8hxYisfOuYseeHq3Tc5N6mGy_shoS/view?usp=sharing

My idea for this project was to use www.thesaurus.com as the ready-made system and start with the word “life”, find the closest synonym to this word as per the system, and then use that word to find the next closest synonym. At first I was mainly curious to see what words would show up in association to “life”. However, as more words were connecting to each other I tried to be more selective so that the end output could eventually be the exact opposite of what I started with (in this case “lifeless”). This whole process ended up taking 200 words to reach. The video itself takes the audience through each connection with backgrounds that change in color depending on the theme. The audio is a combination of various clock ticks, bells, distorted chimes, and low drones that increase/decrease in intensity and oscillating speeds to emphasize the theme of the visual text with an auditory experience as well.