Generate [a] physical artifact[s] from expressive user input
You will work on your own to design and build your own machine that creates physical object[s] when given user input. The output must be tangible/holdable. The input can be physical (read by a sensor), or digital (for example: scraped from the web).
Combine parts like DC motors, Servos, and Stepper Motors with gears and linkages to create a drawing, jewelry, sculpture, etc. Read expressive input with analog sensors. Feel free to use parts from around the PhysComp lab, and found parts from local Pittsburgh stores, like PCCR, Goodwill Computer Works, and Construction Junction.
This project starts to build your skills in rapid prototyping, basic electronics, kinematics, and basic microcontroller programming.
Deliverables (Crit on 2/13)
- A machine that completes the prompt
- If possible, an assortment of your artifacts
- A well-documented Git repo of all your code on GitHub
- Photos of your process work (take these throughout)
- Photos of your machine both stationary and in action
- An overhead step-by-step guide video/gif, similar in style to the instructional GIFs you might find on /r/GIFRecipes