Project Title: 3D4x Tic-Tac-Toe Project

Project Creator: Kimba 516

Short Description: This project is essentially a 3D lit-up Tic-Tac-Toe board. The creator glued together skewers, soldered on LEDS, and programmed an Arduino (they used UNO, which they connected to a breadboard) to allow the players to select which spot they wanted to mark with a lit-up LED. On the Arduino, the creators implemented six buttons (1 for each direction) and the selection button (to finalize the player’s move). When a player wins, the game lights up in a bunch of colors (pictured above).

The Board, Arduino, and Breadboard

Response: Making the game controlled through the Arduino prevented players from changing their minds after they had already finalized their move, so I thought it was pretty cool to see a 3D version of Tic-Tac-Toe that was programmed. However, if I were to change this project, I would change the game concept to Connect Four. It’s always a hassle to remove the checker pieces from the board after a game, but a 3D4x Connect Four project would allow players to just press reset on the Arduino in order to play again. It would also be pretty neat to have the players be able to select which color they wanted to be for that round.