From what I observed, the biggest things that sparked the children’s interest were asking them questions, and organized presentation of ideas.

The children as a whole were most interested when the teacher “spoon-fed” them the ideas. It had to be presented in a grandiose fashion and the cadences in the presentation have to be exaggerated.

Group involvement seems to be the biggest way to hold a child’s attention. The teachers almost always split them up into groups to work as opposed to individually.

Social interaction with other people is a generally new thing for the children. That coupled with a feeling of self-worth within the scope of the group seemed to engage them the most.

Concepts the children relate to engage their curiosity and creativity. Things like shapes, colors, and other aspects of the physical world that adults generally take for granted are the most popular with them.

Autonomy was a big trend I saw at the pre-school. The children seemed very fascinated with their sense-of-selves and their ability to contribute.

To implement this in my project, I plan to push for a more colorful and grandiose presentation, and a device or work that lends itself towards group involvement.