During my process of experimentation with the silk cloth I found myself especially drawn to motions that disrupt the fluid nature of the cloth. While pupating the cloth with my hands I accidentally pulled to hard on one of the strings and pulled the cloth partway through one of the hooks from which it was suspended. I found the sudden constricting and crumpling of the cloth coupled with the release back into a free sheet rather intriguing. I created a rhythm out of this motion by puling it back and forth between the two hooks making the cloth crumple and release with each pull. When trying to translate this motion to the capstan bench I ran into some trouble. Firstly, I didn’t sign up for a slot soon enough and found myself forced to fit my time in during a leftover portion of the time period (I’ll make sure not to make that mistake again in the future). It was also difficult to translate the smooth motions that I could achieve with my hands to the drum kit, which tended to generate more choppy motions. It was also difficult to execute something similar to my motion without the machine jamming. Had I given myself more time I’m sure I could have come up with an alternative motion, but as is here’s a video of the motions by hand and an attempt to achieve it with the capstan bench.