This extension uses my left forearm to control a wing movement on the opposite side of my body. The way that the fabric folds gives the illusion that the wing is controlled by more than just one dowel pivoting along my hip. While this piece successfully extends the right side of my body, it does limit lateral movements of my left arm.
.
Continuing the experiments with my forearm, this extension reveals itself when my elbow leaves the side of my body. The dowel protrudes away from my arm and opens up the fabric to act as either some sort of flying mechanism or a shield from the back. The lower arm has pretty good range of motion with this attachment. It kind of reminds me of a flying squirrel.
.
This extension of the lower leg creates a sort of stabbing motion every time I take a step or bend my leg. The fabric attached to my hip exaggerates the sharp point of the dowels by punching forward when I pick my foot up to take a step. The way the fabric moves reminds me of how a chicken head bobs when they walk.