The focus of class today will be developing more specific technique in cardboard construction. This will help prepare for the second exercise, and we believe cardboard structure will be an important technique for many of your projects.
Laser cutter access. We have discovered that IDeATe staff is now teaching the operational training: there are sessions Jan 23 and Jan 24 and 4:30PM, then each successive Wednesday at 4:30, right here in A5. And please sign up for safety courses if needed: https://resources.ideate.cmu.edu/equipment/laser-cutter/laser-cutter-policies/.
Document your projects well & Re-Use your materials
Due Mon, Jan 27 by 5PM: Assignment 2: Mechanical Symbiotes
- Discussion of Exercise 2 goals
- Additional cardboard fabrication demonstrations from David Perry.
- In-class activity: body as structure
- Share discoveries and results
- Introduce the textiles lab: Hunt A31 (past the elevator)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.