Progress Report 2- Aditti and Catherine

Last week we tested our cast silicone flowers again and one of them inflated. While we were hoping for a greater degree of movement, this test still confirmed our main design, and we decided to include notches in our second iteration to help with flexibility.

inflating our working part

We have also printed out a new mold with cuts and cast it. Since we cannot use the ideate 3D printers, we have also made plans for laser cutting some of our molds.

lasercut pieces for mold making

This week we are hoping to test out the new part and test out laser cutting as an option for mold-making. We are also planning on editing out existing models so that they can bend to a greater angle.

Leave a Reply