This week was a continuation of the work we did last week.
We have refined both our modeling and FEA processes so that we can run more of our designs each week. This is allowing us to hone in on exactly what behaviors we expect to see, and allows us to choose what we want our final auxetic to do.
We also started putting together a test plan, with specific elements that we want to change and test. This includes wall thickness and locations of irregularities.
Ensuring the validity of our simulations is a key step in our design process. We have printed two molds of potential designs, and are preparing to cast them. However, the quality of the molds may present an issue with the cast results.
Our next steps are to continue to iterate on our designs, cast two designs, and print 3 more molds by Wednesday.