For this project I narrated a horror story. Below are the steps I took:
- Wrote a short horror story and recorded it in CFA’s sound recording studio;
- Recorded the balloon poping sounds in Scott Hall elevator (IR1) and CFA Atrium (IR3);
- Downloaded garden ambient sound (IR2) and scary background sound (IR4) online;
- Edited the original voice and the IRs in Audacity and convoluted them in Max (IR1=bedroom, IR2=garden, IR3=basement, IR4=horror movie sound effect);
- Added the audio time shifting+feedback effect to render the scary atmosphere a bit more;
- Outputted the final audio file from Max using the “sfrecord~” component.