Project 1 – Adrienne

For my project I wanted to see what I could do by modifying mesh points in a 3D model. This for me was an exploration of how Max reads 3D models, and I ended up with a crashing patch that took in a model, and distorted it using a .mov file. It used the normals of the model to extrude the vertices, and each point was being modified in accordance to the video. I eventually tried to use a pfft to get it to react to sound. It created really cool textures, but unfortunately I can’t get the patch to open. Below are screenshots of what I had.

I based this off of the duck distortion patch and this one I found on the internet: