mwiedman – Sweet Nothing Live For Max

For my first project, I chose to work in Ableton and use Max patches to create audio effects. I have an interest in producing so I thought that combining Max with Ableton would be a neat thing to explore. I also wanted to play around with automating a lot of the effects we make in Max patches instead of having them affect an entire audio file.

To start, I got an acapella version of Sweet Nothing by Calvin Harris and pitched it down in Ableton. I slowly started adding more instrumentals, recording some midi and also taking samples from Ableton to use for drums.

When I started working on my max audio effects, I pulled some stuff from prior patches we had used in class. I wanted to incorporate some pretty basic effects that would come with any mastering software: delay, reverb, etc. I had a total of 4 different effects, one that added a granular type of effect and noise gating.

I chose to mainly alter the vocal track, and more of the instrumental tracks as I didn’t like the sound of altering the drums.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1KRzHjIfbx6uHDQg3rCcXwGdG4hmgvJ4K