Pulling in data, manipulating that data with a series of algorithms or interactions, and then translating that modified data into a different medium is at the heart of what we are going after in this class. This mini-exercise will be our first attempt at experimenting with this type of data-flow.
For this exercise, you will need to build and program a simple system that pulls in information about the physical world from a sensor using Arduino, analyzes or modifies that information in Processing, and outputs that information in a physical way, either through light, motion, or sound.
Groups of Two.
- Include one or more physical sensors.
- Modify or analyze the data coming in from that sensor.
- Manipulate the data from the sensor interactively (via keyboard, mouse, audio, etc).
- Output that data in a new medium (LED, piezo buzzer, motor, servo, etc.).
- Document your experiment and post a video to the blog. Include both partners and a simple hand drawing of how it works.