Using a Clock Kit, and Acrylic Sheet- utilize Laser Cutting, Engraving and Scoring Techniques to create a functional Clock. This Project should illustrate the User’s ability to properly prepare a CAD File within Rhinoceros 3D for Laser Processing.
- Prepare a CAD File within Rhinoceros 3D for successful processing on Laser Equipment
- Utilize Application Options, 2D Curve/Polyline and Editing Commands
- Successfully Export from Rhino, and Import into LaserCut
- Exhibit understanding of Vector Cutting and Raster Engraving Processes
- Implement Clock Kit within the Project
- Maximize Efficiency
- Begin by determining your Tools, Application Environments and Materials :
- Tools: Laser System
- Applications: Rhinoceros 3D, LaserCut
- Materials: *Provided from IDeATe Lending (A29)
- Acrylic Sheet : 12″ x 12″ x 1/8″ (304.8mm x 304.8mm x 3mm)
- Clock Kit
- Begin by creating a Clock-Face in Rhinoceros 3D. The Diameter should fit within your Material boundaries. Attempt to create this Clock-Face on your own, before consulting the Tutorial.
- Make it your own: Maximizing the full potential of the Equipment and Software capabilities, includes customizing your final product. Make your clock-face ‘stand out’ by adding details and creating something unique; from traditional Clock-Faces.
- Select all geometry you would like to export. Export as [.dxf] or [.ai]
- IMPORT into LaserCut on a Local Computer near a Laser System.
- Indicate Vector Cutting Geometry and Adjust Vector Cutting Options
- Indicate Raster Engraving Geometry and Adjust Raster Engraving Options
- DOWNLOAD to Equipment
- Assemble: Assemble your Clockwork
- Provide (5) Semi-Professional Photos of your work, via IDeATe Gallery.
- Rabbit Laser, 80 Watt
- Virtual Cluster Macbooks [optional]
- Rhinoceros 3D
- (1) 12″X12″x.118″ (205mm x 205mm x 3mm) Acrylic Sheet [provided]
- (1) Clock Kit [provided]
- [GALLERY] INFO: Instructions on how to Access and Submit Documentation to the IDeATe Gallery.
- Rhino Introductory Tutorials
- File Prep Instructions [Discussion from Class]
- Rabbit Laser Policy & Procedure
- Rabbit Laser Access & Info
- Rabbit Laser Settings
- Resource Reservation System
- Laser Lab Camera Feed