This simple transmission has only two speeds and one collar (“dog clutch”): https://youtu.be/QPaUJfA1KsY?t=150
Here is the model in SolidWorks:
What you need to make the transmission
- A parts list.
- Machine shop drawings for all the parts: GearMechDrawing.pdf, PanelMechDrawing.pdf, MiscMechDrawing.pdf
- SolidWorks Files for most of the parts, and for the assembly.
- Instructions for making gears
- Four sheets of acrylic and all the bits of hardware you’ll need.
- Assembly instructions.
What to do to make the transmission
- Make the differential gears (small gear: 32 teeth; large gear: 48 teeth).
- Make the right panel, based on what you see in the shop drawings.
- Add the gears to the RedSheet drawing file and the right panel to the ClearSheet drawing file.
- Generate and color the DXF files.
- Cut your plastic. (Warning: if you don’t do Unite Lines in the laser cutter client, the gears will take much longer to cut.)
- Assemble your “pocket transmission” Don’t forget to use Loctite.
Last modified: Sun Oct 16 04:24:34 EDT 2016