l.o.: my inspiration

‘landscapes of love’ is a webzine culmination of the work of participants in [digital love languages], a class about building software upon the assumption of shared love and communality in online spaces. this project rests under the umbrella of the school for poetic computation (sfpc), a new york-based experimental school of interdisciplinary study in art, code, hardware, and critical theory.

as a humanities student at one of the most prominent preprofessional and technical schools in the country, I really admire the marriage of humanistic and innovative research and teaching that this project represents. no idea how long it took them to make, but the class took place over the course of summer 2020, so I can’t imagine any single contribution to the zine required more than 3 or 4 months of work.

creating this project likely required some combination of custom and existent software. ‘landscapes of love’ and the sfpc in general may have been inspired by or working in close conjunction with thinkers and makers in design justice, radical information architecture, generative / game artists like everest pipkin, etc.