Blog 09

Heather Kelley is one of the five most powerful women in gaming and the most influential women in technology. She holds an MA from the University of Texas at Austin and is an Associate Teaching Professor at Carnegie Mellon University’s Entertainment Technology Center. Her works as Perfect Plum focus on under-explored aesthetic experiences and sensory interactions. 

In particular, I admire her creative expression and how she creates interactive pieces that relate to society and individuals. Specifically, I admire these aspects because they enhance the person’s experience and interaction with the work. To elaborate, I want to highlight her work in interaction design. Specifically, the “Tre Pas (Version Musicale),” creates an interactive piece where it can be described as an extremely long hopscotch as each series triggers an interactive musical composition. This is one of the many examples of her work where she cleverly creates a piece that is not only intriguing but also captures the individual’s attention by having them interact with it. 

Overall, Heather Kelley has an impressive background and I would highly recommend taking a look into the work she has done as it’s something work interacting with and experiencing. 

VR “first world puzzler” SUPERHYPERCUBE