Looking Outwards 09- Section A

I was inspired by the work of Mouna Andraos and Melissa Mongiat. I specifically was intrigued by the Musical Swings project. I like how it is interactive and different notes are played based on the swing. I have always loved swings and so I think it would be so fun to go to one of these swings. Not only are the swings fun but they create a lively atmosphere for the surrounding area.

Additionally, I really like how the swings create a musical composition when they are moving together. It is cool how, when people swing in sync, more complex melodies are triggered; so when people are swinging together, the music sounds nicer.

As mentioned before, there are two creators. Andraos recieved a Master’s degree from New York University’s Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP) and a Bachelor degree from Concordia University. Mongiat has a Master’s degree in Creative Practice for Narrative Environments from Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design, London, UK.

Both women now work at Daily tous les jours where they make these interactive art pieces.

Here is the link to their work:

Mouna Andraos and Melissa Mongiat, 2011, Musical Swings.