After going outside for the kids to play, I realized that we were going to have to re-think our idea due to realizations I had while looking at the kids. First, the kids loved tactile things more than I had imagined. While looking at the 4s in the make-shop, the kids loved touching the shadows and the blocks. They did not really care much about the color or visuals, but almost entirely about being able to feel and stretch to the lights. The kids kept telling each other “Who can touch the highest shadow?” One child just kept saying “I can touch the shadows!”. Also throughout the other parts of the school, I saw kids obsessed with feelings. One of the things that kept kids engaged was the “toothpaste” craft. Although it seemed that the kids didn’t like the feeling, they were still engrossed and extremely aware of how it felt on their hands. Possibly kids are hyper-touch-sensitive at that age. Because of this, it seems we will have to rethink how we present our connected environment as ours was not particularly touch/building intensive. We’re on our way!