The focus of class today will be exploring using midi systems to improvise with multi-chambered pneumatic systems to create movement and animation. This will be useful for your seventh assignment.
Laser cutting access! Make sure you are acquiring access, as it will be very helpful for your projects.
Clean up our project space cubbies! It is getting messy in there! To make it the best possible working conditions – we need to do some clean-up and be attentive to putting materials and our projects away.
- Look at student projects #6
- Topics: pneumatics, valves, digital control
- Demo: using the midi board with the pneumatic system
- Harikrishnan’s inflatable latex trousers create “anatomically impossible” proportions
- Joo Youn Paek: Self-Sustainable Chair
- Joo Youn Paik: Self-Sustainable Chair 2
- Ying Gao – Walking City
- San Kim channels fetishistic Freudian theories in inflatable fashion collection
- Inflatable pool toys draw attention to plastic crisis in Botter’s latest collection
- Tim Hawkinson in “Time”
- Aeromorph inflatables fold themselves from flat sheets into complex origami
- Allison Okamura, Laura Blumenschein, Stanford ‘vine’ robot
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.