3/29 Sebastian and Elena Update

Over the weekend, we met up to create a new model to send to the Stratasys printer. We determined that we wanted the second model we made to lengthen and developed an accordion-inspired air chamber.

We also adapted our previous bending block to be at a smaller scale and are testing it out on Sebastian’s newly-fixed printer.

We now have the Moldstar 30 silicone, and we’re working on manufacturing the molds to produce these two inflatables. We’re trying to debug the issues with Sebastian’s printer to so we can use that for the project, but in the meantime, we’d also like to try printing at least one of these prototypes through the Ideate printer to get a sense for what the logistic overhead for that process would be.

Leave a Reply