Elena and Sebastian 5-03 Update

This week we worked on iterations of the bistable connectors and the inflatable parts. We produced successful prototypes of both.


Given the holes resulting from bubbles in our last attempt at casting silicone inflatables, we worked on a redesigned mold. This new mold added a Lego-compatible connector and reoriented the molds to create a larger area to pour the silicone. We made casts in both molds, but the mold with the open flat side proved to be the most successful.

Inflating and deflating the successful cast (from mold 2)

Bistable Connectors

We found that the thinnest lip of 1.1 mm was the most successful, producing a successful and repeatable invert upon part-insertion.

Leave a Reply