Week 06

As mentioned in last week’s post, the Alpha deliverable is when your game goes from being a simple concept or “tech demo” to a real game — or, at least, something that is starting to look and feel a bit more fun. Even the simplest visual tweak (such as changing from a gray background to green hills or a picture of a skyline) can really make things feel different!

In this post, we have:

• Pushing animations are in the game!
  • Several new buggies
  • Ideas for the “Disney” side of design
  • Goals for the end of Alpha

As a head’s up, next week’s post (Week 07) will go live a couple of days later than usual, on Friday, March 6th.

Read more “Week 06”

Week 04 – Wrapping up the Prototype

With this week, our Prototype draws to a close and the team starts to look ahead to the Alpha deadline. Many of our design questions have been answered, but now new ones come to light. Specifically: is Buggy100 a game, or an experience?

In this post:

• Art Progress
  • Design Updates
  • Looking Forward to Alpha
Read more “Week 04 – Wrapping up the Prototype”

Week 01 – Getting Started, Pre-Production, and Kickoff

Welcome to the Spring 2020 Advanced Game Studio course website! My name is Trento von Lindenberg, and I will be the producer for this semester’s VR Buggy100 project.

Although this site will be used by other members of the team (including Thomas Corbett, our professor and Executive Producer) for various posts, most of the development blogs you see here will be written by me. Although this post (and the next, for Week 02) are written out-of-sequence, there will be regular posts going live every Monday evening starting next week (on February 3rd) unless stated otherwise.

For now, please pardon the delay as we get settled in to the semester, and I hope you enjoy this peek behind the curtains to see what’s going into this massive undertaking!

Read more “Week 01 – Getting Started, Pre-Production, and Kickoff”