Looking Outwards – 04

I researched the project Supersynthesis by Amay Kataria in 2022 that was presented at Mu Gallery in Chicago. I like how the project emulates a wave of light and sound and how it allows the viewers to become users by digitally controlling the exhibit. The user can control how the exhibit shows light and sound in real time. It allows for community building and potentially performances by artists and/or musicians by controlling the exhibit. According to the artists the project is reminiscent of Olafur Eliasson’s Weather Project in 2003, which is alos about interacting with the community. The shape of the structure and interactivity of the project are manifestations of the artist’s interests. However, I wish the project had physical changes that respond to the user besides light movement and sound change. Perhaps something like raising and lowering of the bars when it lights up and emits sound or perhaps it could change colors.

Light & Sound Synthesis: In Conversation with Amay Kataria – CreativeApplications.Net