Looking Outwards-08-SectionA

I liked Mike Tucker’s work. He spoke at the 2019 EYEO conference. Tucker is an Interactive Director at Magic Leap. Magic Leap is “focused on creating the future of Spatial Computing.” He is based in Los Angeles, California which is really cool because I am from California.

I really liked how he his pieces look magical. I love his use of color and how his pieces are interactive. For example, in one of his pieces at a science museum, visitors could draw something on their phone app and it would become part of the exhibit. Even with using visitors’ drawings, the exhibit was stunning because how his technology would integrate their drawings; this makes his art engaging for viewers but is also cool how he can still tie all the drawings together. Additionally, I love how all his works revolve around perception. Perception is interesting because everything we see and know is just our perception of something. I like how his art really gives a magical experience and plays on our perception.

His talk was engaging because he showed all the pieces he made. Seeing demos opposed to just photos, really adds to the speech because videos help us understand his pieces for ourselves instead of just listening to him.

Here is the link to his website: https://mike-tucker.com/

Here is the video:

The video of Mike Tucker’s talk.