LO 8: The creative practice of an individual

Christina “Phazero” Curlee is a video game and video artist. She designs video games that express her emotions and childhood experiences and connects the audience to themselves to help them discover who they are as a person. I think it’s really interesting how video games can be connected to someone’s inner feelings and emotions and not something superficial like tactical shooters. I have never seen anything similar before. Curlee also had a different style of learning for game making because she has a fine arts background where she uses and combines it with game development to create her own style. She focuses on using symbols, experiences, and nonverbal communication in her work. Her current project Artifacts lets users experience her life through a lucid dream-like state to help them become closer to themselves. I think it is really powerful how she is able to create a game that can help people understand themselves and possibly allow them to grow emotionally. Curlee does a good job presenting by explaining her passion and how her work is unique and her previous life experiences and then her projects and how her experiences helped her develop her style.

link