For this project we can visually represent the difference between the Socialism and Capitalism with the idea of in Socialism, there are robots working together and receiving similar treatment and in Capitalism there is a hierarchy of earned status. For socialism there can be small robots that move in sync and in capitalism there can be randomized progression towards success.

My main inquiry here is how to portray a form of government with the movement of robots. This is difficult to show but the if we clarify or narrow down the main noticeable distinctions of both systems, then we can achieve success in this. The use of having only shadows visible distances the audience from the robots themselves but connects the audience to the meaning behind the robot. The behavior of the robots can only support the meaning of the story so much, that we will need to have the supplemental text to go with the work.

I think the next step is to build a setup that can have multiple robots move together linked with the piano wire. I have a design in mind but I can’t draw it just yet. This will probably be the biggest difficulty because the less accurate the representation is, the less its likely to portray the message