Categories
Independent Project

Independent Project Update – Heeyun

I have ordered ramie fabric online and am expecting to receive them by this Friday December 3rd, so I will not be able to begin constructing the bojagi just yet. I began collecting some other textiles that I may also incorporate into the bojagi to add variety in texture.

For the past week, I have been familiarizing myself with hand embroidering and brainstorming/sketching designs that I would like to hand or machine embroider onto my bojagi piece. Most recently, I began sketching branches, leaves, and persimmons on Adobe Illustrator to potentially use it for machine embroidering. I’m waiting to see how machine embroidering may or may not work on more transparent fabrics like ramie to see if machine embroidering is a tool that will be useful for me.

Visual Portfolio, Posts & Image Gallery for WordPress

I’m still brainstorming ideas for the overall layout of the bojagi. I feel like my mind has been very scattered with this idea, so I need some more time to sit down and focus on painting a better picture of what it is that I ultimately want to create.

Until my fabrics arrive, I will fully develop my bojagi layout and finish drafting the illustrations for embroidery.