LO 4 – Sound Art

I really like the albums that the Fat Rat, a music producer, made because I really like his style and his unique use of those special sound effects. (I’ll put a link for one of the songs he made (Unity) here) Most digital music producers always use a DAW (digital audio workstation) to make their music, and I would briefly explain how those producers use a DAW to make their music. First, they put down chords on some specific track lists (that look like a timeline) using pre-recorded chords of different instruments (which the Fat Rat mostly uses pre-recorded game sound effects, usually electronic music using programmable sound generator sound chips) in order like building blocks and then, they arrange those musical sentences (chords) so it all fits together to form a rhythm. After arranging those notes, producers have to adjust the audio levels of each track list (usually different instruments) to make them sound right, and this process is called the mix stage. In between the stages, the producer can easily add effects or change chords (like laying on top of the base note), making the music original and flexible to changes. 

One example of a DAW Program – Cubase