- Selections from Koyaanisqatsi
- Browsing of the Things
- Personal Introductions
- A Message about the STUDIO
- Brief review of the Syllabus
- Discussion: What is Experimental Capture?
- Presentation: Assumptions to Question
- Presentation: Some Inspirations
- Presentation: Some ExCap Student Projects
- Exit Questionnaire (below)
Due for Next Class Session
The following are due by the beginning of class, Thursday, January 16:
- Read all pages of the Syllabus (links at the bottom of the Syllabus page)
- Complete the ExCap Welcome Form and FERPA Waiver
- Login to the ExCap website (login here), and (if you wish) modify your profile Nickname. Note that you should use your Andrew credentials to access the WordPress Dashboard.
- Create a blog post on this website, discussing a project you admire, which you believe is relevant to this course. Be sure to include all of the following:
- write a brief (100-150 word) written description of the project;
- write a few sentences about why you find it interesting;
- include an embedded image and/or video documenting the project.
- categorize your blog post using the WordPress Category, ProjectToShare.
- Read this article (The Camera, Transformed by Machine Vision), and in a blog post with the WordPress Category Reading01, write a paragraph and discuss the relationship between the user/operator and cameras/sensors that make choices on their own. What is the role of the operator/user(s)? How does that defy or affirm expectations of a “camera” and “authorship”?