End of Semester Plan

My hope, for the last few weeks of the semester is to explore techniques for modeling, viewing, and animating my apartment – my “space of  quarantine.” I’ve appreciated my space as it’s nurtured a curiosity and sometimes excitement during this time of crisis. This project will be executed by using a mix of photogrammetry and 2d animation to create the desired effect. Below are some initial experiments and sketches, that may influence the final outcome of this project. I’m hoping to give myself the space to play and experiment in this project while still constraining myself enough to produce a structured, final composition.

For the images I took a photogrammetric model of my apartment into blender and used the virtual camera to take photographs from far away with extreme depth of feel.

Shot with .1 f stop; around 200 mm zoom.
Rendered with .4 f stop.

Scan created using Scandy app, on iphone X.

In addition I’ve been exploring techniques for rigging my phone above or around my space. I first experimented with mounting my phone to my fan – see my post on this topic. More recently I’ve made what I refer to as a zip line for my phone. See below.