Post to Share- Experiments with Security Camera

These images are from a project Carnegie Mellon student Clelia Knox did where they experimented with images captured from a security camera. In this project Clelia “Experiments with a thermal security camera. Draped an ice cold wet sheet over [their] body to create a blurred effect of [their] body moving below the surface.” I find this project very interesting, but my context on this project is very limited. I found this project on the artist’s public Instagram, and I am not aware of other contexts in which these images were shown/meant to be shown. Additionally, I am not sure of whose in possession of the security camera nor how the artist acquired the images. I found this project very interesting because, for me, it seems like its commenting on the security we are all under all the time. Moreover, I found it interesting since these images from security cameras are often considered as evidence of truth; however, this project reveals the subjectivity of the images these devices capture.