- Next Class, Thurs. 11/12: Kibibi Ajanku – meet at different Zoom Login
- Complete the critique of Encoded Cloth from the Future
- Introduce Digital Repeat Print assignment
- Repeat Pattern slideshow and videos
- Exit Ticket (below)
Kibibi Ajanku visiting artist.
Meet at this zoom link for class on Thursday, Nov. 12
Meeting ID: 913 8653 1303
DUE FOR NEXT WEEK
The following are due by the beginning of class, Tuesday, 11/17:
- Begin working on your Digital Repeat Pattern assignment.
- Draw multiple components that can be used in your repeat. Turn them into vector images by preparing them for use by either Image Tracing them in Illustrator or using Adobe Capture on a smart phone. Colorize you drawings using a create a color scheme. Begin working on some patterns.
- Create a blog post with a statement about your concept and images of your work so far (including vector component images).
Repeat Pattern Slideshows & Videos
- Repeat Pattern Examples Slideshow
- Creating a Repeat Pattern on paper video from class 10/29/2020
- Excellent How to create a repeat pattern using Illustrator tutorial
- Adobe Color Wheel Tool
- Tutorials on using Illustrator for Image Tracing a drawing (<4 minute video), Adding Color (<5 minute video), and Creating a Repeat Pattern (<10 minute video). All available in youtube playlist below.