- Visiting Artists: Kibibi Ajanku and Rosa Sung Ji Chang
- Options for today:
- Begin work with Illustrator for repeat patterns
- Work day and one-on-one meetings
- Collection of Sewing Demo Videos
- Exit Ticket (below)
DUE FOR NEXT CLASS
The following are due by the beginning of class, Thursday, 11/5 :
- Finish your Encoded Cloth from the Future project.
- Create a blog post on this WordPress site to document your final cloth project you created.
- Categorize your post with this WordPress category: Encoded Cloth from the Future
- Write a brief paragraph outlining your explorations: intended effects, surprises, discoveries, challenges, successes.
- Embed clear, quality images of your Encoded Cloth in the blog post.
Collection of Sewing Demo Videos
The below sewing machine demos were created by Natalya Pinchuk. She was generous to share them with us.
- Understanding Your Sewing Machine (Brother)
- must be watched whether you have Brother or Janome
- Understanding Your Sewing Machine (Janome)
- only watch if you borrowed Janome machine
- Sewing Machine Samples (circle and square spiral, letter)
- How to Use a Seam Ripper
In-class sewing machine demo: Making a 9-Square + Other Techniques
Thanks to Natalya Pinchuk for these very precise machine demo videos. Each are about 20-30 minutes in length.
- Heart Sample
- Flat Bottom Pouch
- Dart Sample 1 & 2
- Square Cushion
- Extra video, more advanced: