- Trial Format: Demo + Discussion
- One-on-one meetings about Encoded Cloth assignment
- In-class Skills Gym
- Collection of Sewing Demo Videos
- Exit Ticket (below)
In-Class Skills Gym (video demos)
Thanks to Natalya Pinchuk for these very precise machine demo videos. Each are about 20-30 minutes in length.
- Heart Sample
- Flat Bottom Pouch
- Dart Sample 1 & 2
- Square Cushion
- Extra video, more advanced:
Hand Applique demos
DUE FOR NEXT CLASS
The following are due by the beginning of class, Tuesday, 10/27 :
- Do Part 2: Generating 100 idea for the Encoded Cloth from the Future assignment.
- Post a blog post with Part 2 ideas.
Collection of Sewing Demo Videos
The below sewing machine demos were created by Natalya Pinchuk. She was generous to share them with us.
- Understanding Your Sewing Machine (Brother)
- must be watched whether you have Brother or Janome
- Understanding Your Sewing Machine (Janome)
- only watch if you borrowed Janome machine
- Sewing Machine Samples (circle and square spiral, letter)
- How to Use a Seam Ripper
In-class sewing machine demo: Making a 9-Square + Other Techniques