- Welcome – 1st group of students
- Create Cardboard Looms
- Welcome – 2nd group of students
- Introduce: Tapestry Weaving Assignment
- Demo: Warping Looms
- Demo: Basic Tapestry Weft Techniques (see below for videos, handouts & online links)
- Slideshow: Inspiring Small Scale Tapestry Weavings
- Exit Ticket (below)
DUE FOR NEXT CLASS
The following are due by the beginning of class, Tuesday 9/22 :
- Weave: At least 4 inches of your tapestry weaving trying techniques listed on the Tapestry Weaving Assignment.
- Upload: A post on this wordpress website of your in-progress weaving.
- Categorize it under “Tapestry Weaving”
- Include a 1-2 high quality images of your in-progress weaving
- Write a reflection of 1-2 sentences about your experience so far.
TAPESTRY WEAVING RESOURCES
Tapestry Technique Online Resources:
- An awesome resource for beginner weavers! Fibers and Design
- Another technique resource: The Weaving Loom
- Very fundament weaving technique covered: Schacht Weaving