SPECIAL MATERIAL PACKAGE SENT TO YOU:
As a student in this course (62-150A), you will receive a special materials package that is free of charge for you. To receive it, you must “order” it from the CMU school store. If you are in Pittsburgh, you can arrange to pick up your materials package from the school store. If you are not in Pittsburgh, the school store will mail you the materials package.
The materials packages are available to order starting Friday, Sept. 4 at the CMU store. Please order it as soon as the ordering is made available, this way you have the materials needed starting with our second project “Tapestry Weaving”.
OTHER MATERIALS YOU MUST ACQUIRE:
- A journal or paper to take notes and make drawings in.
- Pen, pencil, sharpie.
- A metal fork (for weaving projects).
- Found materials for first project (“Found Loom Weaving”)
- Extra materials specific to your projects, but not in the materials package.
OPTIONAL RECOMMENDED MATERIALS:
- Variety of yarns (for weaving project)
- Fabric specific to your projects (using cloth from old clothes also work!)
- Other materials for your any of the projects, especially the Final Project.