Apr 27, 2023, 12:00PM to 1:50PM
Welcome! Today will review the semester through discussion, celebration, and looking at individual final works.
- Unfortunately, due to fire regulations several of the pieces will need to come down today.
- IDeATe has asked all projects to be cleaned out of Hunt Library spaces by May 10 so staff can begin summer reorganization.
- Today we will also be cleaning up Studio A and A4 together.
- Please return the electronics we loaned you so we can reuse them next year.
- Please also return any spare pneumatic fittings, tubing, hand pumps, etc.
- If you can easily recover fittings from sample or scrap pneumatics, we could re-use them, but don’t expect every last one to return; please use your judgement.
Reflections (50 min)
We will tour each piece, reflect on the nature of the work, and answer questions from the class.
No doubt you learned technical lessons which could inform future work, but for this discussion we’d like you to focus on the ways this piece develops your artistic practice. With that in mind:
If you can step back and see the project from the audience viewpoint, how might it have been experienced? What kind of surprising readings emerged during performance? How did the piece exist in dialogue with the space? In what ways was your intent clear or not in the outcome?
Deinstallation and Clean-Up (50 minutes)
As noted above, please return electronics and reusable pneumatic components.
The final blog post is now due on Tuesday, May 2. Please see details on the Final Project Assignment brief.