Looking Outwards 08

Hannah Davis, based on NYC, is a programmer and generative musician. She describes herself as an artist, composer and a musician who likes to find invisible structures and bring them to the surface. She has been working art and music projects that take use of machine learning, but she has also worked art on data and installations. In the past she has been working on an algorithm called TransProse, “which identifies emotions in a piece of text and translates it into a musical piece with a similar emotional tone”. Some of her newer work includes which was in creating a dataset of emotion tagged landscapes, especially getting rid of bias that exists in the actual human beings. I admire this project the most, because I do believe a lot of the things around us are biased and this can cause a lot of error, so this might be a good step into a rational error free world. She uses a lot of data to present her work effectively, which I aspire to do as well, especially making sure everything is backed with data.

All Projects