Mar. 2, 2023, 12:00PM to 1:50PM
Welcome! Today we start off with a discussion of mechanical design principles, followed by individual consultations on the current assignment.
Our next class is Tuesday, March 14 after Spring Break.
- (Spring Break.)
- (Start project, with interspersed topical workshops.)
Mechanical Design Principles
- Mechanisms Kit documentation
- origins: Flat-Pack Kit
- nomenclature: pulley, winch, capstan, gear, sprocket, timing pulley
- pivots and bearings
- structural principles: beams, joints, constraint
- other ideas: lever, ratchet and pawl, cams, linkages
- 507 Movements
- Cam-action clamp
The next update on Action at a Distance is due before the next class on the Tuesday after the break.