1. ACCESSIBILITY: Students are approved to use equipment, after attending an IDeATe Certified Course and/or Training Session. Approved Users must abide by Reservation, Facility & Equipment Policy and Procedure to ensure a safe, and successful working environment.
2. SAFETY: Improper Equipment use, posing a threat to the User, or others; will be grounds for Equipment and/or Facility Suspension. Users must remain AWAKE and ATTENTIVE in Laser Lab during Equipment Use and Reservation Time. Make sure you are aware of the nearest Fire Extinguisher Location.
3. PROCEDURE: The Laser Equipment involves several Procedural Steps that should be completed before, and after all operations. Equipment damages, due to improper completion or in-completion of indicated Equipment Procedure; will result in a Fine, and Suspension from the Facilities.
4. MAINTENANCE: You are required to clean up any leftover tape, dust, debris and scrap left in the Laser Lab. Plan on 5-10 minutes to complete all clean-up tasks at the end of each job. If the room and/or equipment is not sufficiently cleaned, the User is subject to a Cleaning Fee.
5. FASTENING: Material that does not sit PLANAR/LEVEL within the Laser Equipment, due to non-planar surfaces, warping or bowing; will be removed from the Work-Area and disallowed from Laser Output. Common problematic materials typically include Plywood: CDX Grade, Low Grade Birch, OSB, Carboard, Chipboard etc. Materials that have minimal warping, that can be corrected with Masking Tape- are allowable. All other Fastening Methods are considered unacceptable: Duct-Tape, Double-Sided Tape etc.
6. MATERIALS: Certain Materials cannot be processed on the Laser Equipment. These materials include; but are not limited to: Glass Mirrors (see Staff for mirrored Acrylics), Metals, Lexan Plastics, Foam Core, P.E.T.G., Styrene, PVC or PVC Based materials (Any materials containing Chlorine). Fabric Materials MUST be cut to size before Laser Cutting. (Max = 47″x35″) Materials greater than or equal to 3/8″ (9.5mm) in thickness are unacceptable. If you have a question about any material that you would like to cut, please ASK!