LO: My Inspiration

A piece of computational art that I admire is the Artechouse exhibit entitled “Renewal 2121.” This piece was created by the Artechouse creative team, which included “visual design by Yuya Takeda, music by Mario Hammer and the Lonely Robot, and scenery by Design Foundry”. The piece depicts the world 2121, and also aims to show hope for the future with the concerns of a pandemic and climate change looming over the public. The piece uses image projections onto the walls of the museum. The visitors are able to interact with the piece, for example, if someone steps in front of the wall, a cherry blossom tree will pop out of the concrete. On the Cherry Blossom Festival website, it is said that the artists were inspired by the festival to create a celebration of nature. I admire this project both because of the world it creates, but also its scale. The piece creates a very vivid experience that the viewer is able to be immersed into. That ability of artists is always something I find extremely beautiful. They also point to the future in a way of inspiring hope which is something that is extremely necessary in this time.

Author: Artechouse creative team

Title: Renewal 2121

Source