Looking Outward 06: Randomness

labios

Title: labios

Artist: Manoloide

Date: 2018

I really admire the bold color choices in this piece of artwork. In my work so far in class, it’s been difficult to use bold colors with them looking tacky. This piece has a very smooth, continuous feel to it, which makes me wonder what code they used to generate the curves and shapes. I’m particularly curious about what was used to depict the lines separating apart from the multicolored curves. The almost gradient of the colors and the lack of sharp edges or corners help create the smooth and continuous feeling.

I would guess that there’s randomness components are used to generate the locations of spheres and the curves of the multicolored lines. There might also be randomness in the spacing apart of the lines at the locations they come apart at.

The image I found was not animated, but this piece would be fascinating to look at as an animation. If the code could use non linear movement (sine or cosine curves? Spherical movement?) to have the multicolored lines warp and shift, I would imagine that it would produce quite a mesmerizing effect. 

Other artwork by Manoloide: