LO-04

I get to talk about my favorite coding platform Max again! I found this pretty interesting granular synthesis patch, where the creator set up a patch where you can take samples of music playing and loop them back quickly, and still be locked into the set tempo (not sure if this is algorithmically read off of the sound or input by the person running the patch) when you release it. Makes for some pretty cool audio effects. The creator demonstrates this using a sort of folk-world-choral piece, with mostly vocals and drums/percussion, but it would be really interesting to use this on a multitrack recording of an orchestra or other multi-part ensemble, to play with different parts of the music while the rest of the orchestration continues underneath it. This video is from 2013, and the software has improved a lot since then, so I would be really interested to play with the patch in a newer version of Max and see how I could clean it up in presentation mode so it could possibly be used in a live performance format.