Jai Sawkar – Looking Outwards – 01

Sensacell’s Interactive Floor Shows Trail of LED Footprints

This is Sensacell’s New Interactive Floor. Currently installed in part of the Comunitat Valenciana in Spain, this interactive floor lights up as you walk along it; the lights then slowly fade away as you move further from the spot. The installation has over 1,000 interactive modules, each using weight sensors and an LED lighting system to fulfill the piece. Sensacall is a small, interactive lighting design and manufacturing company based out of Thailand, and their work is geared towards architects & designers to be used in public spaces. All this is done to provide a more memorable experience for users.

It always interests me when designers and programmers alike strive to innovate mundane systems to be more engaging to everyday people, and this is something I would love to work with in the future. Moreover, the interest of merging the two different fields, design, and computing, to make a piece of art adds a new dynamic to the installation as a whole; this merge is the reason I am taking 104, and I believe there is a lot that can be fostered through these terms.

https://www.engadget.com/2008/08/13/video-sensacells-interactive-floor-shows-trail-of-led-footprin/